Tuesday 28 August 2012

Splashing about

On Sunday, the weather was perfect. Jo (our daughter) is visiting and we went to the beach.
Jo is recovering from glandular fever and rested on and off. I watched the sea
 In between times we paddled
We only took fruit and a hot drink with us. Half way through our apples we wished we'd taken cheese and pickle sandwiches and slabs of fruit cake!
It was the most perfect day - beautiful blue sky and a calm sea. We were so sad to learn that  just a few miles from our beach on the same day a Canadian canoe with two men and their young children had overturned.  Three of the children died and the body of one of the men has yet to be recovered.
It's almost impossible to understand what the families must be going through. I sometimes think (without wishing to appear morose) that it's a very fine line between life being ordinary and life falling apart.

6 comments:

ju-north said...

Yes it is really sad about those deaths. Are you enjoying your new camera?

rachel said...

It is indeed. And another reason to live it to the full and appreciate it fully, because it's so so fragile.....

annie hoff said...

Julia, I love my new camera. I still need to learn loads and understand all the settings etc, but It's put the fun back in to taking pictures!

ADRIAN said...

I know the mountains in the background on the last picture. Driving me madder trying to remember what they are called.
I like the triptych.
Have you got the new camera set up properly? Seems to be a lot of blow out. if you have try shooting high contrast images at -1EV. I do that as I suspect it is a foible Olympus have not corrected.

annie hoff said...

Hi Adrian.
The mountains are from left to right Cul Mor, Stac Pollaidh and Cul Beag in the region of Assynt. An area still a little off the tourist track and very beautiful - completely unspoilt.
Thanks for the camera info. Probably just my settings. I'm still experimenting will give it a go. I love the camera - little, light and fast, not a bit like me!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful photographs, on a lovely day. I thought of the canoe tragedy when I began reading your post. As you say, the line is very fine between happiness and loss, and I agree with Rachel, all the more reason to enjoy life to the full. Best wishes to Jo, I hope she is making a good recovery.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...