Wednesday 17 October 2012

A Soggy Afternoon


Lael Forest Garden is especially beautiful in the autumn and, as it happens, in the rain too! Which is just as well, as the afternoon spent there was particularly wet and soggy. I spent some time on my hands and knees, (I wish they were padded and waterproof - my knees that is) trying to peer under mushrooms. The forest trees stand tall and in order (some of the time) but down on the forest floor chaos rules and there is a world in miniature. Moss, carpets everything in its path that doesn't move, in a spongy blanket of bright green, it creeps over walls, fallen trees and stones.
Walking back to the car, the camera managed to take a picture by itself - I couldn't have done it, I'm still learning about panning and capturing movement, it seems the camera will do it for me?  I included the photo because I wanted to write how we sped off home and picked up a takeaway pizza on the way - but that would be silly (the nearest pizza takeaway is in excess of fifty miles) and anyway somebody had already got to the pizza first and had a bite.
When we got home which is only a few miles from the forest, the sun was shining, showing off the wonderful russet and ginger colours of autumn.

8 comments:

ADRIAN said...

Great post...An interesting place to wander.
I think the camera must have been at the Fly Agaric. It is hallucinogenic.
Panning is an art unto itself. Follow through after you have pressed the shutter and keep trying. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Hi Annie,
I just stopped by to say that you have a nice blog.
This photos are so beautiful.
Maria

Anonymous said...

Fabulous photos - I love mushrooms/fungi, moss and ferns!!

A Garden of Threads said...

I have also spent hours on my hands and knees taking pictures. Yours were worth the wet knees as they are beautiful.

old_black said...

Annie, I'd love to see a photo of you taking a photo of the under side of a mushroom! Your ability to see all, from the biggest picture through to the tiniest detail, always impresses me. That you can then translate that vision into such beautiful pictures is a great bonus for us viewers.

Susan said...

As always, your photos are so lovely! I'm glad you crawled around in the wet to take them. I, too, would love to see you shooting from beneath the mushrooms! :-)

Linda said...

Gorgeous colours, and I can just smell the mushroomy, leafy scent of the forest.
Are your photos straight out of camera or are you applying things to them afterwards. I seem to be alone in the world in disliking Instagram effects, but if you are doing something to your photos then I like it. I am just very fatigued by the current fasion for photos made to look as if they were taken in the 1960s.

Lori ann said...

just beautiful annie, i love your photos and i would LOVE to be in that forest too. gorgeous post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...