Monday 6 October 2014

Borrowing an Island

This morning the loch was a bit choppy. It was windy, wet and stormy
Three weeks ago the loch was calm. It was warm and sunny and altogether lovely
Robin (son) and girlfriend Sarah came to visit. While staying they decided to paddle out of the loch and borrow an island.....just for a night                
After a lot of paddling....
....and paddling....
....they arrived, at the nearest one, they said, as they were feeling paddled out
They explored their island...
...and set up camp...
....and enjoyed their view with its stunning scenery and back drop of mountains 
And the most amazing thing of all is that borrowing an island can all be achieved from the bottom of the garden! True it does involve a bit of effort especially the trek back up the hill to the house to fetch forgotten items....but where else could we live with a back garden that opens up so many possibilities and gives access to such a stunning and beautiful place with The Summer Isles on the doorstep....nearly!
Thank you Bob and Sarah for letting me use your photos. I hope I've chosen the right ones? They were all lovely.  

7 comments:

Linda said...

That does look like a lot of paddling, even in calm seas. Fantastic to have your own private island for a night!

Doohie said...

Paddling across all that water would scare me, but seeing the lovely pictures might just make me overcome my fears.:o)

Lucille said...

An excellent guest post. I'll never tire of that scenery.

Anonymous said...

Really fantastic! Lovely post.

Bovey Belle said...

Hi. I'm a new follower of yours. What an amazing post and what a lovely adventure for your son and his girlfriend.

When we were holidaying in Scotland a few years back, we stopped at Arduaine, on our way to Skye. A young man arrived in a kayak, stepped ashore and pitched his tent, had a shower and food and next morning, everything in reverse as he paddled off along the coast. This was so inspiring, and now our son (currently working in Oz for a year) is planning to take a kayaking course when he gets to NZ next year and explore New Zealand from its rivers (with a friend).

I wish I was younger and didn't mind getting my face wet!!

annie hoff said...

Hello Bovey Belle. I enjoyed your comments on my blog and so pleased you found your way here. Now I've discovered your blog! We used to holiday in Wales with our children when they were small. Mainly in north Wales. We loved it and thought the landscape very beautiful and rugged. I'm sure your son will have a great time exploring the rivers in New Zealand in his kayak.....that really does sound quite an adventure.

Journeys to Scotland said...

what an absolutely idyllic post. it's refreshing to know that there are still special quiet places and that you can go and pitch a tent and enjoy the peacefulness of it all. fabulous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...