Saturday 21 February 2009

Order and sunshine

Now the sun is much higher in the sky it clears the hills behind us, and on sunny days streams in through the windows. In the very darkest shortest days of winter we had sun for only an hour in the morning. Now it stays around for much longer, lighting up the room and dancing on the walls - showing up the bits I missed when painting!
This first year in the house will be tracking the sunshine!
There is still masses to do, and of course I can be selective in what I show on my blog!
the window sills, for example, still need their coat of paint. I opted for good old mdf painted white. I'm slowly preparing them and priming with an mdf primer. I've done two so far!
The wood burner (the one that doubled as a Christmas tree) has yet to be installed. First the floor needs to be laid - a rather big expensive job, particularly as I have chosen oak. I did look at bamboo and other sustainable flooring, but oak has such a mellow look, and I think will suit the house perfectly
Still the wonderful view goes on. Here it is, looking in through the oven door!
and in my space upstairs (slightly less muddly than it was, and due a photo soon!) this is what I see as I'm writing this blog and looking through the window. The colours today have been beautiful, vivid and strong. The tree branches have an almost white, silvery glow to them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Much better to have the sunshine Ann, I saw George K two weeks ago at a local amateur radio club meeting.

I see you were hiding behind a camera.

Phil.

annie hoff said...

Good old George!
I hide behind a camera at every opportunity and only come out if I absolutely have to!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...