Friday 9 April 2010

Des res

Right at the bottom of the garden, by the edge of the loch we have our second property. A very desirable residence!
How grand that sounds! To be down to earth and much nearer to the truth I'd better call it a ruin! It is - very ruined, and hasn't been lived in for a hundred years or more. It came with the land and we were told at one time it had been a shop. I like shopping.
Maybe they had a sale? (I've seen the first day of Harrods' sale) they certainly cleared the shelves, there isn't a bargain to be had.
 Niels thinks it has potential!
It does have a certain  rustic charm
 
Niels says this could be the music room,  (I think he's got a lot of imagination, I also think he'll need an umbrella)
But it does have a lovely outlook over the loch
  and a skylight
and peace and quiet - at least until Niels starts playing the piano!
Down in amongst the bluebells and wild garlic this little house ruin nestles. I can't imagine how it must have been as a shop. People must have come to it by boat and stocked up on provisions.
I took these photos last May - we haven't quite got leaves on the trees yet!

2 comments:

Lucille said...

Oh please open a shop!

S. Etole said...

what a delightful little spot ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...