Saturday 22 January 2011

No entry

This may or may not work. We've hauled up the fence and added a bit of barbed wire across the top. And I do feel mean, especially since she stood on the other side looking hurt and with an expression that suggested she thought I had been her friend, and more, that she had been mine. The thing is she's eating everything, including the trees we planted last spring. I've told her she can come in again in the Autumn when there is lots of tidying up to be done and we need a super efficient grass cutter.
I won't be in the least bit surprised if she's back in the garden in the morning. She spent a long time this afternoon   checking the fence for weaknesses, she tried a jump, but couldn't quite gain the height she needed.  I have a feeling though that she isn't  going to let a bit of silly old fence and some barbed wire put her off!

8 comments:

rachel said...

Time to get a DVD out of the rental shop - The Yearling (1946) - and harden your hearts......

La said...

She looks very determined! La

S. Etole said...

She does look a bit puzzled ...

Anonymous said...

She's not looking puzzled - she's looking mean. She is determined who is going to win, and it's not going to be you!
Love Brenda

Diane said...

Poor thing! I hope you can stop the damage though. Any ideas as to what to do with squirrels? They are digging up all my bulbs, planted under grit, eating them and leaving the torn shoots!
I hope you did not suffer any damage from the earthquake. It seems you are getting everything at the moment!
Take care.
Di xx

annie hoff said...

Diane
Did we have an earthquake?! I didn't feel a thing and as far as I know no damage has been done. Grey squirrels are troublesome - I can remember spending hours days weeks months years chasing them off the bird feeders, and out of the garden, all to no avail!

Dartford Warbler said...

Sheep have better brains than we give them credit for, so she might just be back in the morning!

annie hoff said...

She was! she is - back in the garden!
As soon as it stops raining we'll be out re-doing the fencing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...