Monday 7 January 2008

Lochbroom Prawns

I was quite excited when Niels came home recently with a bag of these chaps. They had been given to him by Murdo, a local fisherman. They are known as Lochbroom Prawns. I think they are Langoustine, a spiny sort of lobster. I was slightly less excited and rather more flummoxed when I looked in the bag and they started waving. I'm afraid I then did a terrible cowardly thing. I closed the bag and put it in the freezer. I thought living in the loch they would prefer the cold to the heat, and wouldn't notice the gradual drop in temperature. I felt bad for a while but when I plucked up courage and took the bag out of the freezer a couple of weeks later they looked quite happy and relaxed encased in ice. And I have to say when cooked they tasted delicious.
Sorry prawns!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...