Thursday 13 October 2011

Yesterday

I'm becoming weather obsessed! But yesterday morning it was simply quite lovely.
and in a moment I forgot the rain and clouds and wind and constant running and dripping of water
just one day when I could stand in the garden and soak up the surroundings rather than the rain
I know snails aren't everyone's cup of tea, but at least he wasn't on my hoster plant, and the thing that struck me about snails is how slowly they go until you come to take their photo. They can travel at speed while you change camera batteries and fiddle about with camera settings, I was tempted to move him back a few paces, but knew I'd have to wait an age  before he dared  poke his head out from inside his shell again.
I don't know what this is? It's self seeded on the bank. I shall leave it be, hopefully it's found a place to thrive
The mushrooms (if that's what they are,) are now slip sliding into decay, but they still look amazing even after having been rained on constantly
They're  beginning to disintegrate
and go sticky and fleshy
These were much lighter in colour and were well hidden and protected  from the rain
The good weather brings these chaps out. Some days they fly so low they are below the house. I don't think we get many of them, but opinion is divided on how annoying they can be
And yesterday evening the sun set having put in an appearance all day long  - it must have been tired!

9 comments:

S. Etole said...

The third from the bottom with the almost white mushrooms is so ethereal. What a talent you have for seeing and sharing the beauty that surrounds you.

A Garden of Threads said...

I visited the Highland of Scotland in August, with rain and cold, sounds like you still have it. But your photos are beautiful. Take care and have a great weekend.

chasing lightning bugs said...

i find that weather completely dictates my day sometimes. i love the in the moment aspect of weather....rather than the foretelling of it.
and your transparent mushroom is so very lovely.

ADRIAN said...

This is a cheerful post. The last image really appeals.

Mac n' Janet said...

Great photos, except the snails---I have an irrational fear of them, glad your weather has cleared up, looks like ours has too.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photographs, yet again. Thank you!

Elizabeth said...

I love the way that you've caught the hymenium on the mushrooms and that picture of the sticky one is so unusual. Beautiful set of images. x

Cristina Berardi said...

Beautiful photos, thank you for sharing!
You know, sometimes I think we are like good neighbours, paying visit each other, sharing beauty and good feelings....I love it!

Lucille said...

But will there be snow soon?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...