Sunday 10 June 2012

Ardmair bay my cardigan - and the model!

Ardmair bay, just north of Ullapool,  is so pretty at this time of year with it's shore carpeted in thrift. The weather carries on being reasonable, and although some days are overcast, we haven't had rain for what seems like an age and the garden, such as it is, could do with a real good downpour!  Further north they have been fighting moorland fires.
I've finally finished knitting my cardigan, seen here on the lovely Jo. She didn't want me to post this picture on here as she is fighting the effects of glandular fever. She looks the picture of health but is worn out and exhausted with constant sore throat and nausea. She asked me to point out she is wearing her pyjama trousers and shortly after this was taken, went back into the house to lie down. She went home last month only to return again a week or two later to rest. She wants to get on with her life and return to work but everyone says she needs to rest. She'll get there, she's a fighter and very stubborn! Meanwhile she's asked if I'll knit her a pullover! 

10 comments:

rachel said...

Lovely cardigan - I think it looks nicer on your model than on the pattern sheet.

So no rain up your way? That's because we have it all here......

Anonymous said...

What beautiful sea thrift! And what a beautiful cardigan. Well done you!

I feel so much sympathy for Jo. I've had glandular fever (twice - but perhaps don't tell Jo you can have a relapse). I do find L-Lysine and NAC help my gland pain but that could just be me. You'd never know from the photo that she was unwell, but people say that to my exhausted ME-ridden daughter all the time too.

Lori ann said...

oh everything is gorgeous annie, the bay, and thrift and jo and your beautiful cardigan. it turned out so perfect, its no wonder jo asked for one of your hand knits!
get well soon jo!

old_black said...

Oh, my goodness! What a remarkable series of pictures, Annie. The 3rd and 4th (close up) pictures especially make me think David Attenborough is just about to sit down next to me and start talking. You have a wonderful sense of the beauty of both the whole picture and the tiniest elements which make it up...an appreciation of the whole of creation.

Susan said...

Well, your model, ill or not, is lovely (even without taking into account all of the disclaimers)! I love the style of the cardigan, too. Very nice! And your nature photos, as always, are stunning. I always feel a sense of rest when I see pictures of the area where you live.

Just thought I'd pop out of hiding to say hello and that I'm still here reading and enjoying all of your posts! :-)

S. Etole said...

I'm always caught up in the incredible views you share.

What a lovely cardigan you have knit as well.

annie hoff said...

Thank you for your lovely comments and words of encouragement.

Christine - I shall pass that on to Jo, hopefully it may help her

Lori ann - I loved knitting the cardigan. I chickened out when it came to the pockets...maybe next time!

Diane said...

What a gorgeous cardigan anda gorgeous colour too! Poor Jo! She must feel dreadful and she is always so busy usually. That must make matters worse. I wish her a speedy recovery. As usual all your photos are fabulous. Take care & love to you all. Di xx

Anonymous said...

The views are lovely - quite different to down here in the Borders! Jo may be unwell, but she looks lovely in the cardigan! I have a similar cardigan (a cotton one) that I bought years ago in Orvis, It is getting a bit tatty - maybe I should knit a replacement.
If only I could send you some of our rain - everything here is lush and green - in the almost 6 years that we have been here, we have never seen such long grass, filled with wildflowers, in the fields.

Anonymous said...

As every loving the "story" and Jo looks so pretty and so well, hard to believe she is back resting with you. Best wishes to her for a speedy recovery. It must be a worry, but also great to have her company, and what better place for her to convalesce.
Love to you all. The Thains

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...