Sunday 23 November 2014

Thin Shadows, Bright Sun and the Car Park...

It's the time of year for long thin shadows. The sun rises lower and lower each day and as it does so it highlights the dust and fluff on the floor, and shows off the dirty windows. The road in to Inverness is relatively free of vehicle traffic but the sun is blinding and sunglasses are a necessity to avoid driving off the road. Niels is waiting for a cataract operation. He has been advised not to drive. I'm his driver and lately have spent a number of evenings parked in various car parks while he goes for band practice. You don't need good sight for playing the drums apparently....and I can add that you don't need good light for drawing badly in dimly lit car parks either!

7 comments:

ADRIAN said...

Are you sure that the cataract on your land isn't responsible.
I like the first picture.

ju-north said...

The sun really picks out the golds and Browns. Hope Niels doesn't have to wait to long for his op.

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos, and drawings, as always! (And Adrian's comment makes me laugh.) I hope Niels can have his op very soon, for both your sakes. I'm hosting a wee giveaway on my blog if you're interested.

Diane said...

Well I couldn't draw anything like that even in good light! Hope Niels will soon be driving you again. I so love all the colours in blog photos & they will be so much brighter to Niels after his op. Take care both of you & stay warm, especially waiting in dimly lit car parks. XX

Journeys to Scotland said...

stunning pictures. I don't know what kind of camera you are using but your photos are really good. I love pictures with different kinds of light and these are lovely. I like the one of the rocks piled up too. :)

Jennyff said...

I just found your blog via a mutual reader, what a delight. I shall be back for more.

rachel said...

Slanting winter sunlight is just perfect, isn't it?

Stunning photos as ever.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...