Monday 7 July 2008

The blog is back!

At last! And here is where it all happens - the caravan! A 'His' and 'Hers' sort of arrangement - my side being the tidy side. We have an Internet connection in the house and by setting up the computers in the caravan are able to operate by wireless connection. At present we are staying along the lane so come here most days either to work on the computer or in the house.

The side of the caravan doubles as an Ikea warehouse. We had some friends staying last week and they put up the awning for us - We'd tried but put it on up side down. Now it can store part of our Ikea kitchen - flat packed, as you can see. We had to 'pop' down to Edinburgh to order it, a round trip of 420 miles, but Ikea delivered it for us
I expect you'd like to see whats going on in the house? Well, prepare yourselves!
It's a jumble of pipes, and cables and general chaos. The bathrooms are being stored under the stairs - the people causing this chaos?
Here they are! - having lunch! They did tell me they had been incredibly busy just before I arrived and took this picture! A combination of plumbers, electricians, mates, and apprentices. They do work hard and are a great bunch. And at times we are all struggling to understand the next step in the construction of this zero energy house. I want to write more and will do over the next couple of days. It's good to be back. I'll just leave you with one view taken at two different times of the day
Morning
Evening.
I love it here. I can't think of anywhere else I would rather be. I just need to adjust to west coast timing where things take a little longer to happen!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely to have you back. You seem to have made some progress meanwhile and we hope it sorts itself out soon for you. Meanwhile enjoy your idyllic surroundings.
Much love The Thains

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Ann, missed you and the diary of work and play.

Jackie.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...